Home | About  Us |  Consumer Info |  Billing Services |  Procurement |  HRD & Research |  Reach Us |  Site map

****General instruction to Public regarding effecting of electricity service connections within a day to the Domestic and Commercial buildings           ****KIND ATTENTION LT ELECTRICTY CONSUMERS-Make payment of LT Electricity Bills only through TANGEDCO Section Office Counters/E-seva centers of GoTN/Post Offices/Branch Counters of 3 banks viz., City Union Bank(CUB), Lakshmi Vilas Bank (LVB) and Tamilnad Mercantile Bank (TMB). Also through ATM of TMB. Online payment only through www.tangedco.gov.in. Payments not to be made through unauthorised agent/Website so as to avoid disconnection of electricity supply for non-payment of EB Bills”.           For Power Failure in Chennai city - Contact: 1912 for BSNL users, 0441912 for non-BSNL users          
  Date  :  23-10-2017

Frequently asked questions (FAQs)                                                               
           1.    How can I get a new domestic service connection?
   The internal electrical wiring should be carried out through certified electrical license holder. LT application duly filled in along with proof of ownership and consent letter from owner wherever applicable has to be submitted to your area Assistant Engineer/Operation & Maintenance
2.    What can I do for converting my single phase service connection to three phase one?
   The connected load has to be grouped in such a way that they are equal in all the three phases totalling to 4 KW & above.The wiring may be  reorganized for three phase connection and the area Assistant Engineer/Operation & Maintenance of TANGEDCO may be contacted for further assistance. Consumer may also opt to avail supply under three phase even when the total connected load does not exceed 4000 W.
            3.   During Power failure , whom  should I complain ?
   You may register your complaint to FOC (Fuse Of Call Centre) of your area/ or inform your area Assistant Engineer/ Operation & Maintenance of TANGEDCO or contact centralized call centre of the City. The phone no for Chennai Centralized Call Centre is 1912. Provision for making on line complaints is available under 'reach us ' menu in TANGEDCO website www.tangedco.gov.in
           4.    What is the procedure for name transfer of service connection?
   The Name transfer application along with document supporting the change of ownership, no objection/consent letters if any and fresh application with applicable fee may submitted to concerned Assistant Engineer/Operation & Maintenance of TANGEDCO. However, name transfer will not be effected to services under disconnection. Application forms are available in the website.
           5.    When there is an error in meter recording, what should I do ?
    If you suspect an error like slow recording or speed recording in meter, you can represent the matter to your area Assistant Engineer/ Operation & Maintenance of TANGEDCO with your white meter card . Similarly if you find that your meter does not record the consumption kindly intimate the area Assistant Engineer/Operation & Maintenance  immediately for rectification. 
          6.   Where can I know the status of my electricity billing other than white meter card?
  Visit TANGEDCO’s website www.tangedco.gov.in select bill status, region and enter your service connection number to know the status of billing.
         7.    When suddenly meter burns in my service connection,what I should do?
  You may contact your area Assistant Engineer /Operation & Maintenance ,with requisition to replace the meter on payment of meter cost.
        8.   Can I make advance payment of my electricity bills ? How it will  be accounted?
Yes .You can make an advance payment of your electricity bills at any time  you desire. Contact the AE/Inspector of Assessment /Revenue Supervisor of your area Section office of TANGEDCO. The advance paid will be adjusted in your service connection charges in subsequent bimonthly billings.
       9.  What I should do to change my tariff when needed ?
            You may contact your area Assistant Engineer/Operation & Maintenance and give a requisition letter explaining the purpose of tariff change along with documentary proof.
       10.  What is the procedure to get the temporary supply ?
 Temporary supply can be extended on application to concerned Assistant Executive Engineer/Operation & Maintenance by intending  consumer with required charges and on the receipt of deposit.
       11.  Is it possible for me to pay my electricity bill through  Online
Payment of Electricity Charges through online for  LT Consumers through out Tamil Nadu go to  www.tangedco.gov.in (available in both Engilsh and Tamil).
       12. What are the guidelines for on line payment?
             Guidelines for on line payment.
             FAQ on online payment.
       13. What are the guidelines for on line Complaint Registration?
             Guidelines for on line Complaint registration  :      

1)      In the Home page of TANGEDCO, Select “Web 

         Self Services/Online payment”

2)      Login using your already registered username and password.

3)      Select the “General Complaints” and on selecting complaint

         category (Payment Related/General Complaints) against the

         service connection number, the complaint can be registered.

4)      For registration of another complaint against another

        service connection number, click on “General Complaints” and

         proceed as  specified in point 3 above.

5)      For viewing the status of complaint, select “Complaint Status”.


       14. At what level, should I maintain the Power Factor?
              In case of LT Supply 0.85 Power Factor(PF) and in case of HT
supply 0.90 PF has to be maintained.



Visitor Number : Tamil Nadu Generation and Distribution Corporation Limited