Procedure for obtaining LT Industrial Service Connection
- Apply for LT Industrial service connection in the prescribed form (Form-1) obtainable free of cost from the Section Office.
- Enter all the particulars required in the application form Produce proper documents/records to prove the legal ownership of the premises for which electricity supply is required (Form-1).
An intending consumer who is not the owner of the premises he occupies shall produce a consent letter (Form-5) from the owner of the premises for availing the supply. If the owner is not available or he refuses to give consent letter, the intending consumer shall produce proof of his/her being in lawful occupation of the premises and also execute an indemnity bond in Form 6 of TNE Distribution Code and acceptance to pay security deposit twice the normal rate.
The following documents shall be accompanied with the application:
(i) Proof of ownership (Sale deed or property/Water/Sewerage Tax receipt)
(ii) When the applicant is not the owner of the premises:
Consent letter from the owner of the premises (or)
Proof of legal occupation (including lease deed) with the following:
(a) Indemnity Bond in Form 6
(b) Letter of acceptance to pay security deposit at twice the normal rate.
(iii) Compliance by the intending consumer of other laws of the State of Tamil Nadu relating to the obtaining of permit
or approval or sanction or consent from the appropriate authorities as mentioned in such laws in regard
to construction, alteration or repairs to buildings or establishment of new industries or factories or other
establishments for which supply of electricity is required by such intending consumer.
(iv) As per Division Bench Order dated 23.8.2006, for all special/multistoried buildings in Chennai Metropolitan area,
Planning permit from competent authority has to be submitted along with application and Completion
Certificate from competent authority has to be submitted before effecting supply.
Submit the application to the Section Office in person or by post and obtain proper acknowledgement.
- Upon receipt of an application for supply of electricity, a notice will be sent to the intending consumer that he or his/her authorized representative to meet the Engineer to agree on the position of the point of supply. Provide space for fixing the meter at a convenient place in the ground floor with easy accessibility.
- Advice Slip/notice/Letter will be issued indicating the prescribed charges payable and execute the agreement in the prescribed form (Form-7) within stipulated period from the date of receipt of advice.
- On receipt of charges and execution of agreement only, extension works will be taken up and executed.
- Intending consumer shall permit the licensee ,free of cost the use of any land belonging to the consumer which may be required for erecting poles, etc and also shall arrange at his own expense necessary way leave for laying of lines ,poles, etc. through a route proposed by the licensee involving minimum cost.
- Get all the wiring work done by authorised person specified by the authority. After completion of the wiring, notice must be sent to the Engineer by the intending consumer (upon printed test report form obtainable free of cost from the offices of the TNEB) that the installation has been completed and tested and that the same is complete and ready for inspection and test by the Engineer.
- A notice will be sent to the intending consumer to avail supply within stipulated period.
The intending consumer shall comply other laws of the State of Tamil Nadu relating to the obtaining of permit or approval or sanction or consent from the appropriate authorities as mentioned in such laws in regard to construction, alteration or repairs to buildings or establishment of new industries or factories or other establishments for which supply of electricity is required by such intending consumer.
The intending consumer shall comply any decree or order or judgment of any civil court in regard to the supply of electricity or other requirements mentioned in such decree or order or judgment.