TAMIL NADU GENERATION AND DISTRIBUTION CORPORATION LIMITED.
AWARENESS ON THEFT OF ENERGY AND MISUSE OF ELECTRICITY
1. Any person indulging in Theft of energy/Misuse of Electricity (using electricity for purposes other than the authorized purpose) is liable to be penalised / imprisoned and the Service Connection will be disconnected.
2. If a consumer/enjoyer indulges in damaging the meter/metering equipments,tamper the seals, use Bogus seals, By-passing the meter etc., the service connection will be disconnected and such acts will lead to penalty and or imprisonment.
3. Service connections extended for domestic purposes are to be used in the authorized domestic premises only. The service connection should not be extended to nearby houses/Commercial purposes, Industrial purposes, Construction purposes, Sale of water etc., If found used for these purposes, penalty/ imprisonment are liable to be imposed.
4. Agricultural service connections should be used for Agricultural purposes only. Usage of Agricultural service connection for Commercial purpose, construction purpose, sale of water, Brick manufacturing, domestic purpose etc., will lead to penalty and or imprisonment.
5. Electricity extended for purposes other than the authorized one will be treated as theft of energy for which penalty and imprisonment will be imposed.
6. For construction purposes, separate service connection under commercial /temporary supply tariff should be obtained.
7. Free Electricity extended for huts should be extended for 1 No. lamp 40 watts and one number free Television set 70 watts only within the hut. Usage of additional loads will lead to disconnection, penalty/imprisonment.
8. Consumer, should not reconnect their service connections which was disconnected due to non payment of Current consumption charges etc., If found reconnected, the consumers are liable to be penalized and or imprisoned.
9. The informants those who give informations regarding theft of energy will be rewarded suitably and the identity of the informant will be maintained secretly.
10. The consumers are requested to extend their co-operation to the officials of TANGEDCO to discharge their duties and to follow the guidelines regarding energy conservation issued by the TANGEDCO then and there. For further details, please visit www.tangedco.gov.in
Director General of Police/ Vigilance