Basin Bridge Gas Turbine Power Station
- Basin Bridge Gas Turbine Power Station is located in Chennai city about 3KMs from Chennai Central & Chennai Egmore Railway Stations.
- The cost of the project is Rs. 490.23 Crores.
- The project was aided by Overseas Economic Co-operative Fund, Japan.
- The Units can be operated by multi fuels, such as Naphtha and Natural Gas(Dual fuel system) starting fuel used is High Speed Diesel(HSD).
- Due to non-availability of Natural Gas / LNG at Chennai, The Units are being operated on Naphtha fuel.
From 20.01.2010 onwards, the Units are run also as synchronous condenser to supply reactive power to the Grid for better Voltage profile and system stability.
- Salient Features:
- Capacity - 120 MW (4 units * 30)
- Year of Commisioning - 1996
- Fuel - Naptha
- Mode of Operation -Open Cycle
Basin Bridge Gas Turbine Power Station,
Basin Bridge, Chennai –600 012.
Phone Office : 044-26671384
FAX : 044-26670050
E-Mail : email@example.com